
It is rainy here today, so the kids and I headed to mall for some shopping. I went with the intention of looking for school clothes for Tyler. I wasn't very impressed with the current sale prices and most of the stores didn't have much left in the clearance area in Tyler's size. However, at JCPenney I hit the jackpot in little girl clothes. They had a clearance rack full of clothes marked down to $2.97. I'm a sucker for cute girl clothes and I loaded up on shirts, skirts, and shorts for Samantha. Some in her current size and some to grow into. I am so excited. I spent about $45 on $335 worth of super cute clothes (14 items total). Oh it's times like these I love shopping. If only I could have found clothes for Tyler too. I figure I still have one month before school starts so I'm holding out for better prices on Tyler's clothes.

I recently have learned about CVS and how all these people get nearly free items at CVS by combining coupons with store sales. I decided to try it out so last week and purchased 8 bottles of nail polish (on sale for $.99) , two bottles of dishsoap (on sale buy one get one free) and 2 pantiliners ($.99). I used four coupons for $3 off two bottles of nail polish. I made money of the nail polish which in turn paid for my other purchases. I had to throw in a last minute candy bar so I could use all the coupons and not have overage. My total out of pocket was $.30 and the store gave me $1.98 extra care bucks for buying the pantiliners. The extra care bucks are basically store credit for future purchases. So as you can see I got all these items free and actually made money in the terms of store credit. How cool is that. Some people get really into these kind of deals and go multiple times a week. I'm not sure I'm up for that but I'll keep looking for deals on things I will actually use. If you want to learn about this you can go to
www.moneysavingmom.com
3 comments:
Good job! I am usually too lazy to research beyond looking at the grocery ads and price matching at Wal-mart, which I haven't done in a while... You have inspired me to get back on that bandwagon. Hugs to all!
hmmmm, I am a sucker for sales also. I am going tohave to check out that site! Thanks.
Yea! I'm glad you have a blog. Your kids are so cute!!! And good job on the shopping. I like a good deal too and coupons are my latest hobby. We don't have CVS here though :(
Post a Comment