Sunday, September 14, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we piled the kids into the car and drove to a little town called Brady, TX. There we met up with some friends we met through Joel's work. We went with our friends, Trait and Sara, to a Barbecue Goat Cookoff where we ate a variety of mystery meats. It was good food and good fun up until the rain came pouring down soaking us and our food.















After the cookoff we went up to the hunting lodge owned by Trait's parents. The lodge was on a hill overlooking a beautiful valley. The kids loved playing there and loved seeing the deer.


















When we got home we had to wash the car. It was covered in mud from the trip. The kids loved helping and especially loved playing in the water.














Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karli Barney said...

Hey Robyn! I love seeing your cute pictures of the kids! I just started a blog if you want to check it out! THere's not much there cause I'm still trying to figure everything out but it's nateandkarlibarney@blogspot.com....

Nikki and James said...

Looks like a great time! I wish we did things like that in Colorado Springs.

A. Pearce said...

Hey Robyn and Joel .. It's Amor and John. We found you on facebook, then decided to see if you had a blog ... So here we are. You have such a cute family! It seems like you're doing well. Check us out anytime you want.