Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom, what do you want to be when you grow up?

The following is a conversation I had with 5 1/2 year old Tyler at dinner last week.

Tyler: Mom, what do you want to be when you grow up?

Me: I am what I want to be; I'm a mommy.

Tyler: No, I mean like a nurse or a doctor?

Me: (silently contemplating my answer)

Joel: Oh, a nurse I like that!

Tyler: What about one of those girls with the fluffy things?

Me: Fluffy things?

Tyler: You know at the football games those girls with the fluffy things?

Me: Cheerleaders?

Tyler: Yes, cheerleaders.

Joel: Nurse-cheerleader I like where this is going.

7 comments:

Lewis Family said...

Sounds just like Joel.

A. Pearce said...

Joel has NOT changed at all.
~ Amor and John

Neal and Shannon Jenks said...

Now I know what to get you guys for Christmas....

Katie said...

nice! that's so awesome!

Nikki and James said...

Hmmm... Robyn as a cheerleader? I just don't see it!

Robyn said...

Thanks Nikki, I agree!

The Average Joel said...

Nurse-Cheerleader. Fantasy. Overload.