Friday, March 20, 2009

Double Trouble

I am pleased to announce that our family will be growing. I am about 12 weeks pregnant and we found out yesterday that we are having twins. I have always wanted twins so I am really excited. I try not to think about the logistics of twins because that freaks me out. Instead I am enjoying the shock value of telling people I'm pregnant with twins and rejoicing that I get two for the price of one.

After I had to have c-sections with my first two kids we knew that would limit the size of our family. We always figured we would have 4 or 5 but after hearing horror stories about 5th and 6th c-sections we decide we would not go past four. I had resigned myself to four kids and we could always adopt number 5 later if we wanted to. Still part of me wanted 5 kids so this time I secretly prayed to have twins. That sounds crazy, who in their right mind prays for twins. Well I am proof that Heavenly Father answers prayers. Now we will have to wait and see if the other half of my prayer was answered...I specifically asked for a boy and a girl. Any gender combination will be great but I would love one of each.

I am feeling so blessed right now and overwhelmed that I actually got my wish. Twins do not run in our families so this is truly a blessing from a loving Father in Heaven who understood the desires of my heart.

10 comments:

A. Pearce said...

John says: Wow (and I agree). Congratulations!

Heather said...

I'm so happy for you! You always wanted a big family and now you get a "two-fer!" Good luck with your pregnancy. I really hope all goes well. Goodness knows, they'll be beautiful kids. You guys just know how to make pretty babies.

Pitt Stop Sants said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! How wonderful that you are having twins!

Loni said...

I'm just so excited for you! I can attest that Robyn has said for a very long time she's wanted twins and especially with this pregnancy. When I heard, I felt a mixture of disbelief and then thought, but of course, why wouldn't Heavenly Father grant such a great desire? I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to hear what the next ultrasound determines!

Nikki and James said...

Wow!!! I am so excited for you. Congratulations!

Lewis Family said...

Hooray and congratulations! And here's my 2 cents about c-sections. You are not resigned to having a c-section no matter how many you have had! If any doctor tells you that, switch practices or doctors, and at the very least do more research. I have a very good friend who just had her first and second babies naturally. You will do what is best for you and babies, I know! Good luck with your pregnancy! We miss you guys!

Emma said...

That is so exciting. If twins doesn't run in the family they are more likely to be identical, but not 100% of the time. Have fun.

Krissy said...

Amazing! Congratulations, Jenks family! I pray all goes smoothly with the pregnancy. I have to have c-sections, too. I figured a fourth pregnancy will probably be my last. So, should I be expecting twins, too? :)

Katie said...

when your mom told me... i just had tears of joy for you! it couldn't have happened to a better person - you are an awesome mom... and all of your kids are so luck to have you! keep us posted on how everything is going!

MeganRuth said...

WOW- that is amazing!!! Huge congratulations. Thanks for sharing.