Pictures With Santa

This kids and Santa. Collin and Danielle were not fans.

This is the first year I was able to get the older ones to actually sit on Santa's lap. Poor Danielle cried and Collin fought to get away.
Gingerbread Houses
It's tradition. The kids loved decorating and eating their houses.
School Parties
Tyler's class party.
Samantha's class party.
Adults Only Christmas Party
We hosted an adult Christmas party this year and we had a blast. We ate yummy treats, played games and laughed until our bellies hurt.
We played a game called "Christmas Sausages." The idea is to get a person on the other team to laugh by asking them any question you want and they have to answer, "Christmas sausages."
We also played a game called "Reindeer Antlers". Teams had to blow up balloons and stuff them into stockings. Then one player on their team had to wear the antlers. The first to do this and sing Jingle Bells wins.
Tyler enjoyed playing with the stockings the next morning.
We also had a White Elephant gift exchange and Joel was the proud recipient of this beautiful Handi Vac (aka the hickey machine).
Joel enjoyed testing it out the kids the next day.
The kids loved playing with the thing and nobody was being left with any hickeys.
They kept doing it over and over again and no marks.
Even the twins joined the fun.
Who does like sticking a machine that sucks against someone else's face.
Foolishly I finally relented and let them do it to me. Naturally I am the only one who was left with a hickey. I got to walk around with this beauty on my forehead for over a week.
Christmas Day
Eagerly waiting to see their presents.
The tree and presents. The kids wanted every present under the tree so the stacked and pushed and shoved so many presents under the tree it nearly tipped.
Looks like Santa made it. It was a castle Christmas for the older three.
Opening stockings. This face of excitement is what Christmas is all about.
The twins pushing their new carts.
Tyler and his Lego castle.
Samantha and her Cinderella castle.
Lincoln and his Dragon castle.
I tried to get a cute Christmas pic in front of the tree but the twins weren't interested.
Hats and gloves oh my.
These shirts crack me up every time!
New Year's Eve
After Christmas we went to the Houston area to visit Joel's two brothers and his parents. The kids were in cousin heaven and we had a blast.
The boys were challenged to do a girly dance exercise video and here is Joel busting a move with his nephew and brother.
This is why I love this man. He is game for any and all silliness. The other two guys with him are pretty awesome too!
Samantha and her cousins put the boys to shame :)
Triplets. These girls were in heaven.
Butterfly Museum
While we were in Houston we went to the Butterfly Museum. It was beautiful and the kids had a blast.
I'm a wannabe photographer. Hopefully someday I can take some classes.
Collin wanted to touch the butterfly but had to keep holding his aunt's hand at the same time.
Danielle comes face to face with her first butterfly.
Lincoln and his other half.

All the Texas cousins.
Bakers
This picture is random but too cute to not share. These two are a blast. They have such distinct personality and they keep things interesting. I'll try to do an update on them soon.

2 comments:
Great pictures Robyn! The ones with the uphappy twins on Santa's lap are classic.
I loved looking through all these pictures and reading the brief updates. The hickey looked awesome! It would be you that would get one, of course. I'm glad the holidays were so wonderful!
Post a Comment