My first baby is not so little anymore. Tyler had his 8th birthday last month. It is sureal to think that I have been a mother for 8 years. Tyler is so grown up. He has an amazing memory and he loves to read. He reads about 100 pages a week so we are always looking for new books for him to read.
For his birthday this year we had a small party with four boys but we made it 5 hours long. During that time the boys played video games, played outside, ate pizza, broke open a pinata, ate cake and ice cream, and watched Megamind.
Tyler wanted a sports themed birthday party and a soccer ball cake. He envisioned a flat round cake so when I showed him this cake that was actually shaped like a ball it confirmed that I was indeed the coolest mom in the world. Yes, I made this all by myself and I was so happy with how it turned out, especially after Lincoln's ugly blue cupcakes (next post).
Collin and Danielle had to take part in hitting the pinata. Dani's choice in stick was a little unorthodox.
Tyler thoroughly enjoyed beating the candy out of his pinata.
The kids playing baseball.
The kids paying sock tag.

1 comment:
Your cake is so amazing! Nice work! :)
Post a Comment