Joel and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. In honor of our anniversary I wanted to post some pictures of Joel and I from our dating and newlywed days.

Our first date was a girl ask guy formal dance at BYU. I asked Joel out because I thought that he would be a fun date. I was right. We had a great time and he asked me out the next week and we continued dating.

Joel and I always have fun together. One of the reason I married him was because with Joel there is never a dull moment. His goofy personality helps me to have more fun. I can act as crazy as I want around Joel and the sillier I am the more he loves it.

This was another one of our fun date. I love Joel's facial expression. He still makes the same silly faces after seven years.


Our first date was a girl ask guy formal dance at BYU. I asked Joel out because I thought that he would be a fun date. I was right. We had a great time and he asked me out the next week and we continued dating.

Joel and I always have fun together. One of the reason I married him was because with Joel there is never a dull moment. His goofy personality helps me to have more fun. I can act as crazy as I want around Joel and the sillier I am the more he loves it.

This was another one of our fun date. I love Joel's facial expression. He still makes the same silly faces after seven years.

The day that Joel and I were married was perfect. We were surround by family and friends and it was easy to commit to Joel for the rest of my life. I was so in love on that day, and today seven years later I love Joel even more.

Our first apartment was a small one bedroom place with radiator for heating, no A/C, no dishwasher, and a small water heater. I have great memories of that first year: wrestling and whacking my head on the radiator next to bed, getting wet before bed so that the fan blowing on our wet legs and arms would cool us down enough to fall asleep,washing dishes together, and trying to both get a warm shower by jumping in together and scrubbing up as fast as we could before the water got cold. Oh and one can not forget hearing our neighbor below us singing "Coming to America" at the top of his lungs. We may not have had many luxuries at first but we had lots of good times.

I will forever love BYU because I got a great education, made some great friends, watched some awesome football, and most importantly I met Joel at my campus job.
I look forward to many more fun filled years and I wish for all my friends and family to have the same happiness that Joel and I share together.

Our first apartment was a small one bedroom place with radiator for heating, no A/C, no dishwasher, and a small water heater. I have great memories of that first year: wrestling and whacking my head on the radiator next to bed, getting wet before bed so that the fan blowing on our wet legs and arms would cool us down enough to fall asleep,washing dishes together, and trying to both get a warm shower by jumping in together and scrubbing up as fast as we could before the water got cold. Oh and one can not forget hearing our neighbor below us singing "Coming to America" at the top of his lungs. We may not have had many luxuries at first but we had lots of good times.

I will forever love BYU because I got a great education, made some great friends, watched some awesome football, and most importantly I met Joel at my campus job.
I look forward to many more fun filled years and I wish for all my friends and family to have the same happiness that Joel and I share together.


5 comments:
I love the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. It's funny--those pics are how I still picture you and Joel. If you ever have reason to come back to Utah--even for a visit--let us know and we'll make our way down to Provo. I'd love to see you again.
Happy Anniversary! It only gets better when you keep working at it, which anyone can tell you guys do! Good job. Thanks for sending us your blog address. We miss you guys. Love you.
p.s. I love your family pic with everyone in white. I may steal that idea, now let's see if I can get the five kids and 3 kittens to hold still for it...
Can I steal your anniversary idea for my blog?
Love you!
Shannon
Steal away April & Shannon!
Post a Comment