Monday, May 11, 2009

It's a boy...It's a girl...It's both!

We had our second ultrasound today and both babies look good and healthy. I was so excited to have this ultrasound. I was so nervous that something would be wrong or that I would be disappointed about the gender. Twin ultrasounds take longer because they had to check and measure multiple things on both babies. It was fun to watch the babies move all over the screen but I was anxious the whole time to find out the genders. It was harder to get a good picture of the babies, so don't be surprised if the pictures don't look like much to you. The first pic is a face and the second pic is a profile. Here are the stats (mostly for my own personal record):



"Baby A" is a boy, 10 oz., 19 weeks 3 days.



"Baby B" is a girl, 11 oz., 19 weeks 4 days.

Words can't describe how excited and relieved I am to finally know the gender. I really thought that we would have one of each but I wasn't sure if that was intuition or just my desire for such an outcome. I really feel like these two babies are the right addition to make our family complete. I still can't believe that I was blessed with my crazy desire to have boy and girl twins. Now we need to come up with names. If you want to give suggestions feel free.

11 comments:

Loni said...

Congratulations Robyn! I'm so happy for you that the babies are healthy and both a boy and a girl! How awesome and amazing is that?! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and we miss you guys!

Karli Barney said...

Congratulations! So glad to hear that everything is good and that you are getting a boy and a girl! How fun! Take care!

Krista said...

YAY!!
i'm so happy and excited for you! Ü

The Average Joel said...

I have already suggested Jimanji and Jumanja, but alas, these suggestions died in subcommittee.

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Robyn and Joel, I'm sooo very happy for you and your family! The post was touching for me in some weird way! Such little/big miracles from Heaven. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. I'm sooo excited for you!

Emma said...

That is so fun for you guys! I'll get back to you if I have any names for you.

Monique said...

Congratulations!! sigh. I'm so jealous. TWINS!!! I hear Monique and Brandon are REALLY great names... jk :) but not really... I have had dreams of having twin boys named Ryan and Bryan... but that would be madness have names that similar.

Natalie Layton said...

Yeah, congratulations Robyn! Wow, you're going to have your hands full, but if anyone can handle it, you and Joel can!

Natalie Layton

Pitt Stop Sants said...

How about Levi and Laural or Caleb and Kyra or Jacob and Jaelynn (Jake and Jae) or Steven and Stephanie if you want to be sort of confusing. Or Steven and Sari or Sariah or Brett and Brooke or Aaron and Abigail or Anabelle. The possibilities are endless! Congrats again and Good luck!

Henry Family said...

We are so happy for your family! Congratulations! I can't believe we both got what we wanted after we talked about it at the park at Sarah's birthday party. How cool is that!?

Nikki and James said...

Robyn, I am absolutely thrilled for you. Congratulations!