So I had my last ultrasound today. Yay! I am excited to be nearing the end of this pregnancy. My c-section is three weeks from tomorrow. The specialist recommend that I start doing non-stress tests on the babies which I am not thrilled about. Will see what my ob/gyn says when I go see her next week. The babies looked good. Our boy is still smaller than average and our girl is bigger than average so there is a big weight difference between them. However, ultrasound weight estimates can be off by alot. For example, below are the two different sets of weights I was given today. The first numbers were from the tech and the second from the doctor. It will be interesting to see how much the babies weigh when they are born. I am trying not to worry about it which easier said than done.
Baby A: 5lbs 6oz/5lbs 4oz
Baby B: 7lbs 5oz/6lbs 11oz
My blood pressure is still good despite the fact that my legs, feet, hands, and face continue to get more swollen. Seriously I feel like a water balloon ready to burst. My fatigue level has hit a new high and I find it difficult to do anything physical for long. Trips to the store have to be short and I don't do much housework. My kids watch too much TV. I am tired all the time and my back hurts a lot. My stomach is monstrous and everywhere I go people are either giving me pity looks or looks of complete shock. My last abdomen measurement when I was 34 weeks was 41 inches. Basically I feel miserable and each day gets a little harder. I don't think I could explain the emotional and mental stress of being pregnant with twins. All this results in me being extremely irritable and I feel bad for my kids and husband. Now that I have had my own personally pity party I will end with how much I am looking forward to feeling normal again...wait I'm having twins...will I ever feel normal again?
8 years ago

3 comments:
I feel for you. Being pregnant with one baby is hard enough. If I lived closer, I'd come clean your house and take your kids for you. Hugs!! The end is near.
I have stories from my mom. But she didn't have 3 kids to take care of! But then she had my brother 18 months after us, so that was rough. You're doing great-I'm so glad everything looks good.
I am so excited for you! Stay healthy and don't do too much. A messy house isn't the end of the world. Good luck!
Post a Comment