Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lincoln's Birthday Celebrations


Lincoln decided he needed to be "wrapped" for his birthday and with some help from his sister he covered his belly with stickers.


Lincoln loves Elmo so I decided to make his birthday Elmo centered. I played Elmo music for him and I talked Joel into singing to Lincoln with Elmo and Cookie Monster puppets. As you can tell from the picture and the video, Lincoln loved it.



Lincoln loved opening presents. Each time he opened a new present he would say, "wow."


This truck was his favorite present. He even took it to bed.



Lincoln was trying to blow out his candles but didn't quit get any air out. He eventually had to have some help from Dad. I should have practiced with him earlier. Oh well, he didn't care he just wanted to eat the cake. He keep sticking his fingers in the frosting. Yum!


That's one happy birthday boy!


The day after Lincoln's birthday Tyler had no school so we met Joel downtown for lunch. This is along the Riverwalk.


We took the kids to the Rainforest Cafe in honor of Lincoln's birthday. Lincoln was a baby the last time we went and we knew he would love it.


We were right, Lincoln loved the restaurant. We got a great table right next to this gorilla which would beat his chest and make noise.


Lincoln would beat his chest along with the gorilla. We had a great time.

5 comments:

Loni said...

My kids love looking at your blog! They really miss your kids. I'm sorry we didn't make it this weekend. Shane had a chance to actually earn money which is one in a million and he's going to make almost $300 in two days! (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a new kitchen.)

Shep also is a big Elmo fan so he thought Joel's puppet show was awesome. By the way, I think Shep has the exact shirt Lincoln's wearing during the beginning of the video. Did you get it at Walmart? I got Shep's months ago on clearance.

I hope you're feeling well!

Lewis Family said...

CUTENESS!

A. Pearce said...

I love the pictures of Lincoln with Elmo and Cookie Monster! He is so cute! I'm glad he had a happy birthday. :)

Pitt Stop Sants said...

What a fantastic birthday for little Lincoln! He is so cute! Joel did a great job with the voices of Elmo and Cookie Monster. Happy Birthday Lincoln!

Katie said...

man... Joel is a man of many talents - he serioulsy sounded just like Elmo and Cookie Monster... you think he would come do Lucy's next party for us ;) It looks like you guys had a great time though - Happy Birthday Big Guy!